Home Health PA????

hello all

I notice this opportunity on indeed while browsing for a part time. I've never heard of this specialty before. this is the description. May I ask what are the cons in this field? thank you

Nurse Practitioners/Physician assistants Needed, Excellent Pay/ Flexible Hours!

Come and join the fastest growing segment of the Healthcare industry. Flexibility that fits any schedule, excellent pay and malpractice coverage included. Full or part time opportunities available.

A Healthcare service company is looking for Nurse Practitioners/PA in the your area to perform in-home health assessments (No Treatment, Follow up visit or Prescriptions) for Commercial population.

Essential Job Functions:
 * Perform a health assessment (current and previous conditions) on all assigned members on a laptop computer.
 * Works collaboratively with employees, including schedulers
 * Must commit to work at least 10 patient visits per week
Requirements;
 * Current Medical license in state of residence
 * Must be able to create/edit documents in word processing ( all assessments are done electronically with a company provided laptop)
 * Must have a valid state driver’s license, and proof of insurance

This is probably similar to the NP/PA's we use for our Medicare Advantage patients. In  short, Medicare Advantage requires that the diagnosis list is updated at regular intervals, which requires a physical screening by a provider. Some patients won't come into the office unless they have a problem, so this helps pick those patients up.

This is great for someone who is

1) Wanting fire and forget patient interaction

2) Very quick with new documentation systems

3) Wants flexible hours, in a car, no office

As I understand it, the money is pretty good for someone who is efficient.

Not sure what 'fire' means. Might be a mistype. 

The position you speak of is just that. An assessment. 

As an owner of a house call practice, I hate when the assessors visit my patients. (Most here are NPs). The provider goes in, assesses the patient, tells the pt all the things the PCP should be doing, and leaves.  

Makes it hard for the PCP to actually treat the patient. Most Medicare patients are non-compliant, or have a mental deficit, adding another provider in the mix without 'skin in the game' is frustrating. 

It is good money. Which makes me wonder why they are willing to pay well for an assessment (>$100/pt), but why not be willing to pay for the actual treatment <$100) of the patient.  

Archived