Need PA shadowing opportunity in NYC

I am planning to apply for 2012 - working on the CASPA now. I am a recent graduate of NYU (Psych BA with pre-med classes). I have some HCE as a home health assistant.

I currently volunteer at Lenox Hill Hospital, in the Interventional Cardiology department. I'd love to find a PA to shadow and get a more varied experience and hopefully be able to observe more. Anywhere in NYC would be fine.

My advice, since your already in the door at Lenox, would be to try and strike up conversation with PAs there and then broach the topic of your interest in shadowing.

Also if I remember correctly the Beth Israel volunteer dept. is pre-pa friendly and will set you up with PAs for your shift.

Not necessarily true. I shadowed a PA in NYC, actually it was a PA from Lenox Hill hospital. Yuliya13 see if you can contact the PAs that work in the ortho setting. I only got the PA shadowing opportunity because of connection(my aunt works in a cardiac OR in Lenox Hill) so she knew the PA in the ortho clinic. See if you can stop by and ask them. I'm surprised that the cardiology department didn't let you shadow a PA. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Archived