ARNG, AF Reserve/Guard PA

• 1 month later...

Your best bet is to get in touch with your local AMEDD Officer recruiter. My impression is that they're willing to waive a lot of the restrictions for AMEDD candidates, especially prior service. Call your local recruiting office, tell them you're an officer, and ask for the contact info for the healthcare officer recruiter. If you happen to be in MN or WI I can provide you with that info if you PM me (ARNG).

I am not sure about the blue side of the house, but agree with checking with the AMEDD recruiter. They can waive age up to a point-should be easy with prior service. They do give constructive credit for TIS, both as an officer and as a PA. I believe the formula is 1/2 credit for each. The AMEDD recruiter can set you straight.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
Sorry, I never saw this initial reply! Basically I was just wondering what its like as a PA in the ANG/AFR. Deplyments(length and what you do), what drill and annual trainig is like, is it mostly clinic stuff?

brown, are you sold on ANG or considering ARNG. I'm with an Engineering Battalion in ARNG, haven't been deployed but can speak of my experiences if you want to message me.

JMC

Archived