Seeking hrs to shadow a PA in the lower Rio Grande Valley

hi im currently a student at a university who wants to further my carrier as a PA and in order to get into the program i need to have 50 hrs of shadowing a PA. If you know any opportunities in the lower Rio Grande Valley areas, such as Mcallen or Edinburg i really would appreciate it.

Thank you

Hi Pveraz! I just finished racking up 32 hours of shadowing time with Dr. Carrillo and his 4 midlevel healthcare providers (3 PAs and 1 NP) at St. Marie Clinic in Mission TX just off the expressway exiting on Conway. It was an incredible experience shadowing them all and they were extremely helpful in answering alot of my questions. It is a family practice clinic so you will see everything and everyone of all ages there. They were really eager to help so I suggest you try shadowing there. They will be more than happy to have you shadow them, but it's better if you shadow PAs in different specialties. It's a start, though :)

Archived