I have been practicing for quite some time as a DC. Many of those years were in Rural Health Care Clinics. This is were I had first came into contact with PAs and NPs. To make a long story short... I have been accepted to matriculate into PA school this coming month.

Would like any feedback from any DC (others are welcome also) who have entered into their new vocation in regards to experience, good/bad decision, opportunities, overall impression of change in vocation.

Thanks for the input!

Robert,

Which PA Program will you be attending? Congrats!

I was also a chiro before attending PA school. I can only speak for the program I attended (which has been discontinued for now). I didn't think it was very hard. I had time to work part time during the first year. During rotations it can be a little more challenging and extremely interesting and rewarding.

I have been practicing for quite some time as a DC. Many of those years were in Rural Health Care Clinics. This is were I had first came into contact with PAs and NPs. To make a long story short... I have been accepted to matriculate into PA school this coming month.

Would like any feedback from any DC (others are welcome also) who have entered into their new vocation in regards to experience, good/bad decision, opportunities, overall impression of change in vocation.

Thanks for the input!

May I ask why are you giving up your career and switching to PA?

Hi zzz,

I have been working in Rural Medical Clinics for the past 13 years and a DC for a little over 20. In working with the physicians and mid levels at the various clinics that I have had an opportunity to work in, I knew there was more I could personally be doing in offering a more diverse availability of health care services. I saw the field of PA fitting that role and began pursing the advancement. My interviewer had asked me the same question. I like to think that I am not giving up one for the other, but bringing what experience and knowledge I have acquired into an advancement in another form of health care and hoping at some level to integrate both.

Thanks for the inquirer y.

• 2 weeks later...

During my PA education a couple years ago, there was a DC who had been practicing in for 10-15 years,,she decided to become a PA to expand her job description, she is now working in an orthopedic practice and getting paid well. She is able to incorporate her DC training as needed..

Archived