Malpractice with Mercer/Proliability

Just a heads up for those of you who may have an occurrence based policy with this group.  While on the phone with them inquiring about my renewal it was pointed out that they now require annual confirmation of supervising physician malpractice coverage.  As a result, you will need to obtain a copy of the physician's declaration page to show proof of coverage.  Also be aware that the file upload option wasn't working (either Safari or Firefox) and there is no other way for you to confirm their receipt of same without calling.  My employer has a claims-made policy for the clinic (I haven't seen the documents to see specifically how the coverage works) but when I've called the insurer to ask about tail coverage I'm apparently speaking a foreign language to them and they refer me to the local sales agent who has not deemed it necessary to return multiple calls.

Archived