Want to add HCE that hasn't started yet?

I'm starting as an ER scribe in a couple weeks and want to add it on my application before I e-submit, which I will hopefully by tomorrow. Do you all think it's okay for me to add it now since I will be starting in that month or I should wait until after I e-submit and am officially working? They have already made me an offer and I accepted.

I think you should wait until you start. I had this same conundrum but the CASPA instructions say not to include future work (actually, I don't even think the system will allow you to input a start date that is in the future).

Anyway, what I did was submit to one school to get the ball rolling on verification and then before I submit to any other school, I will add in the new experience once I have some hours racked up. I'll submit to all my other schools right away once I'm verified. Remember that you can always add new experiences but you cannot go back to edit or delete experiences once you submit.

Archived