Asking for a raise...

Hello Everyone,

I would like to ask you all for some advice.

I am going into my 6th year of ER. I have worked PT for the last two years because i have been staying at home with my daughter. I am going to return to FT, and would like to renegotiate my base pay before I sign a FT contract. Currently, I make 55/hr, plus bonus. I am the most experienced PA at this ED, and have been there for 2 yrs. I work autonomously in main ED, and write my own orders, speak with consultants, as well as efficiently moving fast track patients, etc. I feel that I have provided a great deal of leadership during this time, as this was a new contract for my group and there was a lot of transition pains.

The hospital is in suburban area near Fort Worth, Texas and has about 20k visits per yr. Anyone have a suggestion as to what I should ask for to begin negotiations?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

We don't right now. They are considering adding that for everyone. So, you do you think it would be out of line to ask for an increase in base? I don't want to get greedy, but just want to make the most of my opportunity. Would appreciate anyone in the DFW area's comments as well. Thanks for your thoughts EMEDPA.

110K/YR 2 yrs out of school is pretty good. I would be surprised if they added to your base rate. I know residency trained em pa's with 25 yrs experience who don't make that as a base rate(but end up with more based on production bonuses).

are there other benefits you could ask for?

more cme?

sabbatial leave every X yrs?(don't laugh, I used to get 6 mo at 1/2 pay every 7 yrs)

aapa and sempa memberships?

dea?

state license?

life insurance?

long/short term disability policy?

better retirement?

etc?

Archived