RVUs per hour?

I've been curious about RVUs generated and how much it calculates into productivity/money. We get a monthly statistic of our RVUs/hr in the Emergency Room. However, I never knew how exactly it translated. I'm averaging 6.15 RVUs/hr in Fast Track, with the top PA performeing at 6.45 in our department. What exactly does my 6.15 translate into for the company? If we were getting paid on productivity alone by RVU, how much would 1 unit of RVU be an hour? What's a typical PA's RVU/hr in the ED? I'm getting paid $45, and with my "RVU bonus", comes out to $52/hr, which really isn't much. My SP never really talks about money, then again, when it comes to money, he never does. 

Would that mean I'm generating the company (6x$35) $210/hr? The biggest issue is that even though I am employed by a national ER group (EMP), why are PAs in the same group but different hospital getting paid a different rate? It's the biggest issue the PA's are having in our ED right now, because we are completely underpaid compared to the same ER group 20 miles down the road. And it's about a $10/hr difference too. Our SP tries to tell us that it's due to the patient population with (medicaid) reimbursement, but I find that BS since the neighboring ED's have the same patient population. The only difference is that we are a residency hospital (which the residents DO NOT get paid from the ER group) with a volume of 80,000+ vs the neighboring hospital which only gets 22,000 visits a year.

I'm trying to calculate what my worth is for this ER group as I've talked to some of the seniors (6+ years) and the pay has not increased (remains at $45/hr) but claim that are benefits are amazing (45/hr + $5,000 CME, 11.25% of annual salary is placed on 401k free without match) but I don't think it's that great, especially when 62.5% of my total shifts next month are weekends. 

Would that mean I'm generating the company (6x$35) $210/hr? The biggest issue is that even though I am employed by a national ER group (EMP), why are PAs in the same group but different hospital getting paid a different rate? It's the biggest issue the PA's are having in our ED right now, because we are completely underpaid compared to the same ER group 20 miles down the road. And it's about a $10/hr difference too. Our SP tries to tell us that it's due to the patient population with (medicaid) reimbursement, but I find that BS since the neighboring ED's have the same patient population. The only difference is that we are a residency hospital (which the residents DO NOT get paid from the ER group) with a volume of 80,000+ vs the neighboring hospital which only gets 22,000 visits a year.

I'm trying to calculate what my worth is for this ER group as I've talked to some of the seniors (6+ years) and the pay has not increased (remains at $45/hr) but claim that are benefits are amazing (45/hr + $5,000 CME, 11.25% of annual salary is placed on 401k free without match) but I don't think it's that great, especially when 62.5% of my total shifts next month are weekends. 

I looked it up now that I'm at lunch and the Medicare payment (as of 2013) was 34.037/RVU

Archived