HippoPA

I just finished taking my PANRE for the 3rd time in my career. I have been in cardiology for all 19 years that I have been a PA so I was looking for a good review source since I am no longer familiar with multiple topics in medicine. After looking at several PANRE review options I went with HippoPA. I am a visual learner and the video lectures were very good and enjoyable to watch. You could review any video as many times as you needed. The lecturers were good at explaining things and letting you know the key points to memorize. The only lecture that was disappointing was the one given by the PA, who looked like she was just reading off of  a screen as fast as she could. I was able to watch lectures on my iPad, home computer and iPhone. It was nice to watch lectures or answer practice questions on my iPhone at work during down time.

The 1,700 review questions are good for general knowledge, but are not as in depth or complicated as the actual PANRE. The Davis Review book is better at duplicating the complexity of the actual test questions. The only thing that I feel could be better with this course is the pharmacology. The PANRE has multiple questions about what medicine is "the best choice" for certain conditions and to me just having a general knowledge of what type of drugs to use was not enough since they would give you 4-5 drugs from the same class. 

I felt very prepared for the PANRE and even felt good about my chances of passing after taking the test. I found out today that I passed by more than 100 points so I am very happy with my score. It is very expensive $495, but you also get 50 hours of Category 1 CME. 

Archived