Bayshore Campus

Guest nic219

Hey everyone! I recently got accepted into the Mineola program but due to finances had to push back my acceptance to the fall at the Bay Shore campus. I'm really excited to start but obviously soooooo nervous! Before I start I have a few questions which if current students at the campus could answer I would appreicate soooooooo much.

First of all, whats the typical class day like? Are the hours 9-5? Do they vary on certain days? I heard Fridays are usually short days with no classes after 2 is that right?

Also, I was interested in buying a new laptop to bring to class for notes, would this be useful? Any suggestions of things that would be helpful to get beforehand. What about attire? I heard its semi-business like dress.

Finally, I know this program is going to be really intense, but I mean how is it really? Is it do-able? Or is my life pretty much over come the fall? haha

Thanks for your help!

Congrats on getting in. I plan on starting in the fall as well so I can't tell you from experience but I have seen their schedule. I think they give out monthly schedules and the schedule is constantly changing. It is not 9-5. Some days you will have 9-9 and some days you will only have one three hour class. It goes by the schedule which they say can change because it depends on the schedule of the faculty. They go according to the Jewish schedule so class is never past 2 on Friday and they can never have class on Saturday which means they will have the occasional class on Sunday.

Hey everyone! I recently got accepted into the Mineola program but due to finances had to push back my acceptance to the fall at the Bay Shore campus. I'm really excited to start but obviously soooooo nervous! Before I start I have a few questions which if current students at the campus could answer I would appreicate soooooooo much.

First of all, whats the typical class day like? Are the hours 9-5? Do they vary on certain days? I heard Fridays are usually short days with no classes after 2 is that right?

Also, I was interested in buying a new laptop to bring to class for notes, would this be useful? Any suggestions of things that would be helpful to get beforehand. What about attire? I heard its semi-business like dress.

Finally, I know this program is going to be really intense, but I mean how is it really? Is it do-able? Or is my life pretty much over come the fall? haha

Thanks for your help!

Congrats on ur acceptance. I am a current student in the mineola campus. As for the classes so far they are great. Tues- thurs are almost 9-5 and monday is 9-12 , fri 10-1 or 9-2. The program is great . Yes it is a llot of work bcuz ur taking 20 credits first semester so u can imagine.Yes, you must dress professionally, no boots,sneakers or jeans! Finally, u are better off buying a laptop bcuz u will most definitely need it. We have a cadaver dissection guide software that we had to download in class and needed to bring in our laptops. Good luck and plz ask if u need to know anything.

Thank you sooooo much for your input I really appreicate it...any additional information or advice you can give me before starting I'd love as well...I hope everything goes well for you...Good luck!

• 6 months later...

As mentioned, Bay Shore is random and unpredictable. Some days will be twelve hours, some days will be two hours, some days will have two 2 hour clases with 5 hours of break in between, sometimes you will have 3 12-hour days in a row, som,etimes you will just have a day off, sometimes you will have all day sunday, and sometimes not. In short, there is no set schedule, but for sure holding down a job will be all but impossible unless you work Saturdays, if that is an issue.

Guest tourostudent1

Hi, I saw you are going to the Bay Shore campus this fall. I am going to start there this fall too but I'm going for the occupational therapy program. Are you planning on commuting or renting a place around there. I live in Staten Island, so without traffic it will be about an hour drive. Does anyone know anybody interested in renting apartment with other students. I really don't want to spend a lot of money, so it would be better to split the rent of a few bedroom apartment rather than a one bedroom or studio on my own. Also, does anyone else commute from far away? I'm just concerned with it affecting the amount of time I could be studying and also possibly traffic jams in the monring. Thanks for any replies.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest victorsam7

what do you need to get into that program. What was your GPA and science gpa. How was the interview.....

By the way congradulation and good luck

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived