Experience- start and end dates?

When entering experiences on CASPA, how critical is the accuracy of start and end dates? I do not know EXACT start dates for some of my past jobs or volunteer experiences. Should I go through the trouble of finding the exact dates? Thanks!!

How far back are you concerned about? Month and year was as close as I could get on work experience from decades ago! So I just used the 1st day of the month in those cases. No issues, given the age. More recent (at least last 10 years), I knew, or found, actual dates.

Thank you so much for the quick response! I am mostly pertaining to the jobs I held in high school (I am a recent college grad) and the volunteer organizations I have been involved with since like 7th grade. I know the months and years for each experience, but the exact date is where I am a little unsure. Thanks again! I will be trying to find exact dates if possible, but otherwise I will take your advice on using the 1st day of the month :)

Archived