Spring Semester HELP!

Hi,

I am trying to submit to my first choice school, and have taken three required pre-requisites this spring semester. The university divides their spring semester into several start dates the way many do in the summer. So, the courses I started in January are complete but the course started in March won't be complete until the end of June.  For this school, I need to submit before the end of June.

CASPA policy won't allow you to enter only some of the grades from a semester. They require ALL of the grades in a semester be completed before letting you do that.  What should I do?  If I submit my transcripts the way CASPA requires it will appear I have three outstanding pre-requisites and my application won't even be reviewed by the program. I've already talked with them.  If I could break the entry up into Spring 1 and Spring 2 the way you can for summer it would be perfect but CASPA doesn't allow that either.  Any advice or experience with this dilemma?

Thanks!

Does the PA program specifically state that you must have all pre-reqs completed by the application deadline? Most programs start a year from the application deadline, which gives you about 3 semesters to finish up your pre-reqs. I don't think one outstanding pre-req is going to kill your application.

No, it states you can apply with 2 outstanding and they must be completed the December before the program matriculates in January.  I'm just worried because my CASPA will look like I have three outstanding.

Think it would help if I sent my official transcripts to the program separately? Or is this a no-no? I want them to know I truly only have one class outstanding but it seems there is no way to let them know that via CASPA.  Submit now and update CASPA maybe?

Archived