Personal Data vs Health Related Training

Hello all,

I have called CASPA and searched these boards for an answer to this question, and no one seems to be able to help me! Any input would be appreciated.

I am a Radiologic Technologist, currently filling out my CASPA application. I graduated with an A.A.S. in Radiography. This degree allowed me to sit for my certification exam in general radiography, through the ARRT. I have also completed a second program for CT certification. The same deal: program through school, take a certification exam with the ARRT. Now, along with the ARRT certification I am licensed by Florida as a general radiographer.

From my understanding of what I read on CASPA, I listed my membership to the ARRT under personal data and professional registries. I then listed my BLS, general radiography (certification through the ARRT), and computed tomography (certification through the ARRT) under the health related training. But, I am unsure as to where I should list my Florida license as a general radiographer. I would think the health related training because you receive the license after completing the exam and mailing in an application. Does this sound correct?

Also, since I belong to the ARRT and they are also the certifying agency; am I correct in listing my membership under professional registries and the actual certificates in modalities under health related experience? I dont think you're technically required to be a member of the ARRT; but it is nearly impossible to get a job without ARRT certification.

Thanks a lot for the help!

I had a similar question and CASPA's response seemed to go against what they had in their written instructions. I'm going to just make sure I put everything down in a consistent manner that follows their written instructions. I think as long as everything is on your CASPA somewhere, the PA programs adcoms will see it.

Archived