Applying to Jobs with Pending Cert

This is such a basic question, and it has a lot of variables, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with applying to jobs before actually receiving their certification.  I'm supposed to be receiving my EMT B cert at the end of April, and I'm trying to get a jump start on applying for jobs, but am I better off waiting until May until I have all of the cert information before I start the process?

Start applying now. I've found that most job app sites can take several weeks to actually get a response. Add a cover letter explaining that you will be certified. If at any point in an automated app it asks if you are certified/ will be certified/ aren't certifed choose correctly so that your app doesn't get thrown out (ie if your options are certified vs not certified, select that you are otherwise your app may get tossed if being certified is required). Job hunting can take a long time so get started now.

Archived