work experience

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I'm kinda reviving an old one, but only because I plan to submit my CASPA tonight and want to be super safe. In the past 8 years, my employment has been stable (a two year job, a five year job, and a one year). Yet years 9 and 10 were rocky. I held several short term jobs that would just seem silly to me to include. Given the statement above that says "jobs held in the last ten years that you believe are relevant", if only eight of those are relevant, should I just use the past eight years?

Thanks!

So I'm kinda reviving an old one, but only because I plan to submit my CASPA tonight and want to be super safe. In the past 8 years, my employment has been stable (a two year job, a five year job, and a one year). Yet years 9 and 10 were rocky. I held several short term jobs that would just seem silly to me to include. Given the statement above that says "jobs held in the last ten years that you believe are relevant", if only eight of those are relevant, should I just use the past eight years?

Thanks!

I had the same question. I, too, have had a LOT of jobs (close to twenty like you, noiseordinance). The CASPA website says to list jobs within the last ten years, but it does not say that you HAVE to list every job. So I decided to call schools and see what they thought. They told me that it would be fine to list only relevant jobs, so that's what I did. I told the schools that I would be happy to list all of my prior jobs if they needed me to at a later date.

That's my answer. Just list the relevant ones.

Best,

Nicole

I had the same question. I, too, have had a LOT of jobs (close to twenty like you, noiseordinance). The CASPA website says to list jobs within the last ten years, but it does not say that you HAVE to list every job. So I decided to call schools and see what they thought. They told me that it would be fine to list only relevant jobs, so that's what I did. I told the schools that I would be happy to list all of my prior jobs if they needed me to at a later date.

That's my answer. Just list the relevant ones.

Best,

Nicole

Thank you guys for the feedback. Nicole, that's great to hear that a school feels that way. I think I will just do that. I was a sushi waiter for three months, packed boxes for a week, delivered medical supplies for three months, worked for a charitable organization doing pick-ups for a day (until they told me the job was too fast paced stop somewhere to use the restroom; I'd need to pee in a 2-liter or "defecate in that bag over there"). You know, the typical exploring-one's-self post high school. I'm not embarrassed of it, as I'll kindly provide any extensive past job history. Just didn't wanna seem deceptive on my CASPA. Thanks much, I feel better. :)

Thank you guys for the feedback. Nicole, that's great to hear that a school feels that way. I think I will just do that. I was a sushi waiter for three months, packed boxes for a week, delivered medical supplies for three months, worked for a charitable organization doing pick-ups for a day (until they told me the job was too fast paced stop somewhere to use the restroom; I'd need to pee in a 2-liter or "defecate in that bag over there"). You know, the typical exploring-one's-self post high school. I'm not embarrassed of it, as I'll kindly provide any extensive past job history. Just didn't wanna seem deceptive on my CASPA. Thanks much, I feel better. :)

Archived