Looking at your curriculum or thinking back to it....

What were/are some courses that you looked/look forward to? Were/are there some that you werent/arent looking forward to?

My program has rolled out a new set up for our class and it seems pretty interesting

http://www.emorypa.org/new_courses.htm

The Becoming a Physician Assistant series looks pretty interesting to me--seems like multiple health services/sciences courses all wrapped up with PA need to know 101 information.

I must admit though not really looking forward to the Introduction to Epidemiology/Biostatistics ....wasnt really fond of stats the first go around:sad:

The new setup will be much improved from what we have had to do. You will be studying medicine in a module format (Foundations of Medical Science course), meaning when you study Cardiology it will include the pharm, pathophys, micro, diagnostics, clinical medicine and nutrition for Cardiology. You will cover the material over a several week period and at the end you will have an exam day for the topics. I think you will very much enjoy the new format. I wish we had it that way! The intro to Epistats isn't so bad, it's very useful information in addition to the Evidence Based Medicine (EBM) course. EBM is the direction that medicine is moving, appropriately so. It is challenging but once you get it you will use it for your entire career.

Thanks!

The new format does seem quite awesome....I do like the idea of a modular format....it seems like a good idea to have everything flow like that.

As far as the epistats.....Ill of course have to tough it out. I took honors stats in undergrad and I did well but at the same time I wanted to claw my eyes out.

The new setup will be much improved from what we have had to do. You will be studying medicine in a module format (Foundations of Medical Science course), meaning when you study Cardiology it will include the pharm, pathophys, micro, diagnostics, clinical medicine and nutrition for Cardiology. You will cover the material over a several week period and at the end you will have an exam day for the topics. I think you will very much enjoy the new format. I wish we had it that way! The intro to Epistats isn't so bad, it's very useful information in addition to the Evidence Based Medicine (EBM) course. EBM is the direction that medicine is moving, appropriately so. It is challenging but once you get it you will use it for your entire career.

Guest guthriesm

My program strives to do each system together- it is a great way to go through the material. Learn how to diagnose lung diseases (diagnosis class), what are lung disease (pathophys), where are the lungs (anatomy), drugs for lung infections (pharm), case study, etc.

If they actually do it as firm modules, it will really go well. We got a little off this semester so one class is behind on the modules.

No epistats for me but I can definitely see how it will help. You'll make it!

Archived