Online EKG Training Programs

Don't do it. As an EMT-B working a firehouse the guys can teach you how to take a 3 or 12 lead EKG. The same can be said during orientation as an ED tech in a hospital (I've done both). Unless you are looking for a job as an EKG tech, save the $325.

Also, being able to spot a trouble EKG is a bonus, as you know to get it to the doc quick, but you are not expected to interpret 12 leads as an EMT-B or tech (at least not where I've worked).

If you are interested, look for courses that are worth CEUs, since you will need those as an EMT, but don't stress certification for hundreds of dollars, IMO.

I paid around the same price for a classroom EKG course that was certified by the NHA. I did it to improve my chances to land an ED Tech position with my EMT-B, but when I was hired they taught me everything again. Just know that for the NHA exam you will have to study a lot on your own because these courses only cover the basics and the NHA exam is very focused on many areas such as stress testing.  

If you want to learn how to read strips http://www.ecgacademy.com/ is a fantastic resource. 

Archived