2016 January Admission

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone!

I'm a bit late to respond, but I had my interview March 19th and my acceptance letter came the Thursday following. Super exciting stuff. Does not quite feel real yet since the start date is so far off, but it will be here before we know it.

I agree with everyone's responses about the laid back vibe of the interview. It is made very clear that the school is there 100% to support the success of their students which felt great to me coming from a undergraduate career in which I was constantly competing for my spot on the bell curve and dealing with tenured professors that cared more about their research than the students. 

Good luck everyone and congrats to everyone who either has an interview coming up or has already heard and is accepted as well!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone heard anything about when we're supposed to be getting more information for the start of school? I thought they'd mentioned July being kind of the start of that, but maybe I misunderstood...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I'm starting to feel like the victim of a practical joke...or one of those news stories where 500 acceptance letters were mailed by mistake.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything about when we're supposed to be getting more information for the start of school? I thought they'd mentioned July being kind of the start of that, but maybe I misunderstood...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been sending some emails requesting some information and making sure I have everything perfect before the start of the program. Below are some quotes from some email responses I got back that have been helpful. Also make sure all your prerequisites are done and transcripts are sent to the university! Hope this all helps but if you have more questions, the staff at MCPHS has been more than happy to get back to me about questions so I'm sure you can shoot them an email. In the case you do get some more answers, share them here because chances are someone has the same question!

TLDR: More important info coming out in September, re-certify CPR close to program start, financial aid coming out in October.

"The University will begin sending more information about the spring start in September. You will receive information regarding immunizations, a Facebook invitation, and a link to our Incoming Student Website (usually available in early October). Before then, you should work to complete your admission file and fill out the 2015-16 FAFSA if you intend to use financial aid."

"Since the certification has to be active through your entire program, I might suggest re-certifying sometime in December so that you don’t have to worry about renewal during the program. I don’t need the copy of the card until orientation, so don’t worry about getting this done right away. I’m sure I’ll send a reminder email in October or November, but there is no rush."

"We do not begin awarding [financial aid] for the PA program until sometime in October"

Archived