Desperately need advice and guidance

This is my first post here and I am hoping from some help from this awesome community.

I graduated in 2013 with my B.S. in biology. Overal GPA about a 3.4 and Science GPA is a 2.9. I have taken plenty of upper level biology courses such as genetics, anatomy, cell biology, and micro biology. A's and B's. However, my chemistries are almost all C's. I believe thats what brought down my science GPA. I recently got my EMT-B certification and am looking for work. Recently got turned down from 10 PA schools I applied to and, needless to say, I'm feeling a bit lost. Realistically, can PA school still work for me? I know that if I can get an interview, i can get into PA school. The hard part is qualifying by the numbers. I am looking at online courses through University of New England to retake Gen chem I and II. Working part time and depending on my paents also takes a toll on me mentally. I had a good job that was unrelated to medicine, so I quit it to pursue health care opportunities.  Is this a good way to go? Did anybody follow the same journey? Thank you, I really appreciate the help.

This is my first post here and I am hoping from some help from this awesome community.

I graduated in 2013 with my B.S. in biology. Overal GPA about a 3.4 and Science GPA is a 2.9. I have taken plenty of upper level biology courses such as genetics, anatomy, cell biology, and micro biology. A's and B's. However, my chemistries are almost all C's. I believe thats what brought down my science GPA. I recently got my EMT-B certification and am looking for work. Recently got turned down from 10 PA schools I applied to and, needless to say, I'm feeling a bit lost. Realistically, can PA school still work for me? I know that if I can get an interview, i can get into PA school. The hard part is qualifying by the numbers. I am looking at online courses through University of New England to retake Gen chem I and II. Working part time and depending on my paents also takes a toll on me mentally. I had a good job that was unrelated to medicine, so I quit it to pursue health care opportunities.  Is this a good way to go? Did anybody follow the same journey? Thank you, I really appreciate the help.

Definitely retake any chemistry course you got Cs in. To go along with that semester you could take some more upper electives such as pathophysiology, pharmacology, pathology, histology, etc... I had Cs in gen bio 1 & 2 plus chem 1, but I retook them before applying and got As. EMT will provide some good HCE to add to your application as well. I got accepted with an overall GPA of 3.44 (similar to yours), but my science was also 3.4. It's important to raise that science GPA and make your last few semesters straight As or at least a up trending GPA. Good luck!

Archived