Paying off student loans

I have read many posts on here from students getting in PA schools in a few years after undergrad. I have student loans to pay off from undergrad. I am wondering how these students handle their financial situation. Do they just add on more loans? Have they already paid them off before starting a new one? Does Fafsa put a cap on how much you can borrow? Do repayment terms change if you are enrolled in school full-time?

I'm really confused right now. I was just wondering how students handle this? Looking for an insight and some advice.

I have loans outstanding from undergrad. You can decide to put your loans into deferment or forbearance while you are enrolled in school. This will put a delay on your payments or a reduction in payment amount. When I enrolled in my bachelors program my student loan servicer automatically deferred my payment. If you are accepted to PA school there are options for aid. Look up the NHSC scholarship program. There are also loan repayment programs available. I think there is a cap on the amount you can borrow, but graduate school is calculated separately I believe. The best thing you can do at this point is contact your loan servicer and see what your options are for delaying payment. Also, check out the federal student aid website. I'll paste the link.https://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/deferment-forbearance 

Archived