Accepted Class of 2017!

First and foremost, congratulations everyone! A facebook group has been made for the Class of 2017, so as you receive your acceptance please feel free to add yourself to the group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/766695483366779/

We can utilize this resource as a means to get to know eachother, explore housing situations, etc!

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Again, a huge congrats to everyone!!

Taylor Bingold

• 2 weeks later...

Got accepted on November 21st.  Just made a profile though.  I know, I'm late.  Congrats to all the other acceptees.  We made it, gangsters!!

This is our theme song for the moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBCw4_XgouA

Was not expecting that as a theme song Averyyyyy lol. It definitely suits the occasion for sure!

Is there anyone thats been accepted who would be interested in joining a LinkedIn group? I was thinking of making one but I wasn't sure if anyone would use it.

Also, has anyone found a good apartment in the area? I was looking at The Anatole on Briarwood like someone said in another thread. It seems like a good option because of the location and cost, I just wish they had photos on the site. 

Was not expecting that as a theme song Averyyyyy lol. It definitely suits the occasion for sure!

Is there anyone thats been accepted who would be interested in joining a LinkedIn group? I was thinking of making one but I wasn't sure if anyone would use it.

Also, has anyone found a good apartment in the area? I was looking at The Anatole on Briarwood like someone said in another thread. It seems like a good option because of the location and cost, I just wish they had photos on the site.

I PROMISE you Anatole is gorgeous. Literally brand new. All appliances included, 9 foot ceilings, the whole shabang! I love them. Definitely a steal!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I got accepted into tech in November and I was wondering where I can find cheap housing? Also looking for roommates so we can split up the cost? Let me know if anyone is interested. Email me at syedrasheed23@gmail.com

Congratulations on your acceptance! My advice would be to add yourself to the Facebook group, you can find the link on this thread, and then utilize that as a roommate resource! Again, congrats and I look forward to meeting you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

My name is Megha. I am interested in the Texas Tech PA program and planning to apply this cycle. I would like to get some insight with regards to chances of admission  with my background. Here is a info about my background,

Bachelors in Biotechnology - with above 3.7 gpa from India( evaluated in US)

Masters in Biotechnology - 3.9 GPA ( UT - San Antonio)

Currently taking prereqs Psychology, Statistics, A&P

I got an A so far in PSychology and hope to make an A as well in other subjects.

GRE - 306 ( Q: 156; V- 150)

I do not have any healthcare experience here is US although I have some community service experience from India. I read on the FAQS that they do select candidates without HCE? Is this true?

Could anyone please suggest looking at my profile if I can give a shot at the program?

Thanks in advance!!Looking forward on hearing back.

Healthcare experience can give you a head start as far as being familiar with much of the material our faculty will be presenting. That being said, if you have the time this year, I would recommend looking into something like ER scribe, medical tech, or volunteering in an underserved clinic etc...but it is not necessary for this program. I am a second year and have classmates with no prior medical experience who are doing very well in the program.

As far as GRE, I was told that scores at or above 150 in both verbal and quant was solid (when I applied)

It sounds like you keep up your grades and are fulfilling the pre-requs, so I would recommend applying. Tech is a great school!

Hi everyone,

My name is Megha. I am interested in the Texas Tech PA program and planning to apply this cycle. I would like to get some insight with regards to chances of admission  with my background. Here is a info about my background,

Bachelors in Biotechnology - with above 3.7 gpa from India( evaluated in US)

Masters in Biotechnology - 3.9 GPA ( UT - San Antonio)

Currently taking prereqs Psychology, Statistics, A&P

I got an A so far in PSychology and hope to make an A as well in other subjects.

GRE - 306 ( Q: 156; V- 150)

I do not have any healthcare experience here is US although I have some community service experience from India. I read on the FAQS that they do select candidates without HCE? Is this true?

Could anyone please suggest looking at my profile if I can give a shot at the program?

Thanks in advance!!Looking forward on hearing back.

Archived