Medical Simulation Tools

Maybe a strange request for this forum, but I thought I'd throw it out there and see what happens:

I am part-time faculty for a PA program and am putting together its simulation facility. We have some Megacode Kelly Advanced units with monitors and SimPad remote touchpads that let you put the dummies through their paces. We also have SimDesigner, a Laerdal product that lets you design simulations and have them flow from state to state, depending on what the student does (or doesn't do).

I've collected some on-line references and have put the dummy through some scary-looking rhythms, rates, blood pressures, etc. I am looking for the list of automatically detectable events the dummy is supplied with, plus any references you might know of that would be an aid to developing training scenarios.

Thanks!

Looked into this. I'm not familiar with this model, but reading up on it, it seems as though Kelly doesn't detect changes. It looks like the simpad requires the instructor to log events that drive the scenario. I couldn't find a list of available functions other than the manuals, which I'm sire you have.

As far as scenarios, I have some pre-hospital military scenarios that include changes to s/s and v/s based on student interventions. They're all trauma, paper based and geared to military enlisted medical personnel, but I could scan a few for you that you could tweak, if it helps. Just PM me if you're interested.

Archived