Attaching degrees to multiple colleges

In the middle of my undergraduate work, I transferred to another college then back.  I.e., I was at college A, then transferred to college B, then back to college A where I graduated.  On my application I have each instance listed as a seperate institution, so that there are a total of three institutions attended:

College A - Jan 2010-May 2011

College B - Sept 2011-May2012

College A - Sept 2012-Dec 2013

In order to complete this section, I must attach a degree to each instituion attended.  The problem is that, for each institution, even though a degree was planned I can only use the latest date for that timeframe.  I.e., I earned a degree from College A in Dec 2013, but for Colleg B I am only able to select May 2012 as the latest date.  I can put "no degree planned" but that is not the case.

How do I correct this?  Thank you so kindly.

You should only be listing each school once, so you only have two school entries, not three. You should also only be putting a degree under the school which actually awarded the degree to you (school A). School B should be listed as "no degree planned" unless you plan to go back there and earn another degree. "Degree expected" does not mean "i expected to earn a degree there at the time and later changed my mind." It means you are expecting to get a degree there in the future and are working towards it right now.

You should only be listing each school once, so you only have two school entries, not three. You should also only be putting a degree under the school which actually awarded the degree to you (school A). School B should be listed as "no degree planned" unless you plan to go back there and earn another degree. "Degree expected" does not mean "i expected to earn a degree there at the time and later changed my mind." It means you are expecting to get a degree there in the future and are working towards it right now.

Thank you very much.  For College A then, should I put down the dates attended as Jan 2010-Dec 2013, even though in the middle of that I was at College B?

Yep!  It says as much in the CASPA instructions for Institutions Attended as you really shouldn't take my word for it: :)

"Fill out the “Dates of Attendance” starting with the earliest date you attended and ending with the most recent date you attended (or anticipate attending), regardless of gaps in attendance or multiple degrees earned.  For example, if you attended 2004–2005 and then took another course in 2010, your attendance dates would read 2004–2010. Click “save” to proceed to the degree screen."

https://portal.caspaonline.org/caspaHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/academic-history/institutions-attended/index.html

Archived