Possession

1. If you earned a "W" (withdrawal) for those courses, then yes. You didn't get a grade, but W's must be reported.

2. Consult an attorney. Expungement means the records are sealed. But depending on your state, there are notable exceptions were expungements must be revealed in application processes.  If not for the purpose of school attendance, possibly for state licensure as a PA later on. Again, seek legal counsel.

3. Define "high GPA", "good HCE", and "all around solid application"... lots of applicants have those. It's a crap shoot in many ways.

4.0 GPA, 2000 hours procedural scheduling in GI clinic + 2000 Hours EMT + 4000 hours ER tech plus 1000ish hours ER volunteer. Good letters of rec, lots of community volunteer work, applying to a state school which is connected with the school I'm graduating from, and all around solid application with the exception of this foolish mistake

Then your next step is to have an attorney look over the requirements for disclosure and your application guidelines (CASPA, school specific, etc.). Unless someone on this forum is willing to give legal advice, that's your best option, IMO.

People will always say "but that's too expensive"... Is your future career worth the several hundred dollars it will cost to make sure you're doing the proper thing?

Then your next step is to have an attorney look over the requirements for disclosure and your application guidelines (CASPA, school specific, etc.). Unless someone on this forum is willing to give legal advice, that's your best option, IMO.

People will always say "but that's too expensive"... Is your future career worth the several hundred dollars it will cost to make sure you're doing the proper thing?

I hear ya. That's probably sage advice. Thanks again. In your estimation would/will this make a much less desirable candidate? I would be crushed to find out something I did at 18 ruined what I've been striving at achieve for years now.

I hear ya. That's probably sage advice. Thanks again. In your estimation would/will this make a much less desirable candidate? I would be crushed to find out something I did at 18 ruined what I've been striving at achieve for years now.

Personally, no. I wouldn't give a sh#! about some 18 year old getting caught with a little bit of cannabis... 6 years ago. But I'm not an adcom.

Your stats are great otherwise. Find out if it's even necessary to disclose your expungement and go from there.

Applying to only one school may dash your dreams more than any of the above. Like I said, it can be a crap shoot.

Archived