Online HCE Certification Courses

So I'm currently a senior, and recently decided to go towards the PA route. I want to get involved with some meaningful direct patient care as soon as possible. Since I'm still in school, and am currently balancing research, and a job I cannot fit in any extra time to take something like a CNA class to get my certification. I recently found out my school works with another program where they offer alot of onloie certification classes. After doing some preliminary research, I found out that they also have optional externships you can take after the course to get hands on experience. 

Basically I'm wondering if other people have experience, or have considered taking an online certification class for fields such as Medical Assisting, or Phlebotomy.

So I'm currently a senior, and recently decided to go towards the PA route. I want to get involved with some meaningful direct patient care as soon as possible. Since I'm still in school, and am currently balancing research, and a job I cannot fit in any extra time to take something like a CNA class to get my certification. I recently found out my school works with another program where they offer alot of onloie certification classes. After doing some preliminary research, I found out that they also have optional externships you can take after the course to get hands on experience. 

Basically I'm wondering if other people have experience, or have considered taking an online certification class for fields such as Medical Assisting, or Phlebotomy.

Check with the hospitals around you before you go out of your way to take a CNA class. Some hospitals will hire and train you on the job. It saves you money and time. I can't really comment on the online education part of your question. I doubt they'll look at it negatively though!

Archived