Advertising a position

Can anyone tell me the best place to post an open position?  I am the lead PA at an ER and we are looking for a full time person.  Local advertising just doesn't cut it.  Ideas?  Thanks.

SEMPA has a job board on its website for members.

Also PA job link through the AAPA.

I agree with going to local PA program, also poll your current PA staff and go to their programs. Many have an alumni network that could disseminate word.

There is also posting on LinkedIn but you would have to be very active in that for it to be worthwhile.

Advertising on hospital website may get attention too.

Have to put it in perspective, you are recruiting from about 10k professionals, only a small percentage will truly be looking for a job and need a significant motivator to pull up and move. There will be a large new grad pool you will hear from unless you make it very clear you are not entertaining that segment. 

To give the new grad plug, if you can give them a good environment and some patience, you could likely develop someone into a real player but it will take hard work on everyone's part. 

This is a tough time of the year to recruit. Kids started school, winter is coming, etc, etc.

Good luck.

G Brothers PA-C

Archived