Otoscope/Opthalmascope Set

I bought the Welch Allyn. One thing to remember is that most Dr offices will have the Welch Allyn disposable tips in the office. So if you buy a different brand remember that if it doesn't fit the Welch Allyn tips you will have to buy tips for your otoscope.  There not that expensive but something to think about.  Several of my class mates have the riester otoscope/opthalmoscope and those fit them.  Heine otoscopes don't fit them.  Welch Allyn is expensive but you are getting a good product.  I have been very happy with mine.

Another thing to think about is that most rotations you go on will have them in the office.  

Welch Allyn is great quality and will be what you see in most clinics and hospitals. Buy used and then when you are not using it anymore you can sell it for around the same price since they hold value well. I know its fancy, but there is really no reason to buy a brand new set.

Bought welch allen in 2008- still going strong and I throw it in amd out of bag everyday, and it flops around in a pocket on my leg a lot of the time. Some people complain about the head breaking off of the battery part. Durable and so much brighter than the wall units. U can see a hair on the floor for petes sake. No problem yet.

I was really wondering if I should buy a brand new set, so that I would have it for the rest of my career. I know many offices already have wall-mounted ones. I was looking at the 3.5V Welch Allyn coaxial opthalmascope/macroview otoscope with the lithium ion handle. It is really expensive though...

Archived