Ohio Dominican Waitlist

Hi all,

I recently had my interview at Ohio Dominican for their PA program and recieved a letter in the mail saying I have been put on the wait list. Ive been accepted to my number two school but would love to attend ODU so I dont have to relocate. I was wondering if anyone has had any prior experience with ODU's waitlist?

Do they accept students from the waitlist?

How long do I typically have to wait before I find out if I've been accpeted or not? 

Is the nubmer or students on the waitlsit less than or greater than the number of students accepted in the program?

Their website states a second deposit is due for accepted students a month after they accept a seat in the program. Does anyone know if they would start contacting waitlist candidates shortly after this or would they wait for all interviews to be completed before looking at the waitlist?

Thank you so much for any answers!!

The last statistics I read showed that the average applicant applies to 6 schools. If that's the case, some people get accepted to more than one school. Since schools don't overbook, that means that at least some people who were accepted will eventually decline to go somewhere else, or for other reasons. Accordingly, some students do get picked up from the wait list. I don't think that there is a way to know what your chances would be and what the timing might be. My best friend in PA school was picked from the wait list 2 days before school started!

What I suggest is that you consider making a deposit to hold a slot in your second choice and then see what happens. You could also contact ODU and see what they have to say.

I would suspect that your overall objective is to have a seat somewhere and you do now! That's great. You might want to hang on to that for now. You might lose some money in the end, but at least you will know that you will be going somewhere!

Good luck!

Archived