Contacting PA schools about interviews

I was just wondering what is considered appropriate when waiting to hear from schools about interviews. I have other pending offers but am still waiting to hear from my top choice schools. Is it appropriate to email and ask about the chance of an interview or is it better to just wait it out?

I would not lose a pending offer just to take a chance on your top school.

I would call the top school and explain that you have offers and wonder what their timeline is. If it's longer than your best offering school will wait, it is best to accept that offer. Then you know you will be going somewhere.

In my case, I had accepted an offer (and paid money to hold the seat) when I later got an offer from a program that was a better fit. I lost my deposit, but it was still worth it to (a) know I was going to school somewhere and (b) to end up with a better place for me.

Actually I didn't because I really hadn't learned much about the program I ultimately went to. When I did, it was clearly a better deal for me and my family.

If I was in your shoes, with an offer in hand (presumably an acceptable one to you) I would definitely contact a program that I thought was a better fit for me and explain my situation. 

When the music stops, you need to find a chair somewhere.

Archived