Apply with outstanding pre-reqs?

Hi all,

I'm planning on applying in May of 2015. At that time I will still have 2 outstanding pre-reqs for the programs I will be applying to. Will this penalize me in anyway? The programs websites indicate that this is acceptable, but I'm not sure if I will be waitlisted or tossed due to not having all of them completed. I want to be as competitive as possible, but I'm not sure waiting another year for 2 pre-reqs is the best decision.

Any advice is welcome! Thanks.

If they say it's okay than its hard to argue with that. Several factors come into play when applying so this may hurt you a bit but you can use other strengths like shadowing, great LORs, HCE. I'd also makesure the prereqs your looking at are ones that need to be completed for acceptace or are they just for graduating. Many programs websites are confusing and they make the graduating requirements outside of the core PA course work look like prereqs for entry when many times there not. Call and talk with the admin staff at the program to be sure. Good luck.

If they say it's okay than its hard to argue with that. Several factors come into play when applying so this may hurt you a bit but you can use other strengths like shadowing, great LORs, HCE. I'd also makesure the prereqs your looking at are ones that need to be completed for acceptace or are they just for graduating. Many programs websites are confusing and they make the graduating requirements outside of the core PA course work look like prereqs for entry when many times there not. Call and talk with the admin staff at the program to be sure. Good luck.

Scoped, do you mean that many programs do not require the pre-reqs they list on their website if you already have a bachelor's degree?

You need your prereqs even if you have an advanced degree, let alone a bachelors.

When I applied, the schools wanted to see your plan for finishing before their program would start. And you had to submit your grades when they became available.I had three to finish (was already enrolled in them when I applied).

I suspect you need enough of a track record when you apply that the grades you would be receiving wouldn't make or break you. 

Good luck!

Archived