Advice for my upcoming interview

I found the book How to "Ace" the Physician Assistant School Interview by Andrew Rodican helpful. I wouldn't necessarily read it for the specific answers, but he brings up a lot of good points about the way you frame your answers to questions that can provide you with greater insight into what interviewers are looking for. Good luck!

Guest MedLib42

I used the book as well, and felt it made a huge difference for some of my interviews. 

You might also make sure you practice your mock interviews at home in as formal a setting as possible, and do at least a few wearing your suit - what you wear can actually affect comfort level, so getting used to it beforehand can sometimes help.

Some people also say spending some time visualizing the interview going well (almost meditation-style) helps them feel much less nervous on the actual day. There are also lots of relaxation exercises you can learn that may help you right before the interview - for example, concentrate on tensing, then relaxing, your muscles one at a time from head to toe (or vice versa). There are a ton of breathing exercises you too (you might google "breathing exercises for nerves"), but the idea is to take long, slow breaths and spend more time on the exhale than the inhale. 

If you haven't already, check out the above posted thread - great advice, much of which I used myself on interview day.

Archived