Becoming a PA through the Army

Hey y'all, I'm currently in DEP and have a 68C contract (practical nursing); after my first 8 years is up I would like to become a PA while still serving in the Army. I've looked into the IPAP program but it doesn't help with schooling or so it seems. Is there anyway after I get my BS in nursing I could become a PA in the military? If not I would like to become an ER Nurse but that's my second choice. Thank you all very much! Cory

Talk to your recruiter about using tuition assistance while serving to get your prerequisites.  You should be able to apply to IPAP after four years (assuming you knock out 15 semester hours per year).  Don't forget you can get college credits for your military training.  Find a school that will convert your training into usable credits.  Thomas Edison State College did it for me. 

http://www.tesc.edu/degree-completion/Military-Training.cfm 

1) You don't have to wait 8 years to apply for IPAP. You can apply as soon as you meet the prereqs.

2) You can use Tuition Assistance and the GI Bill to pay for your pre-reqs.

3) If you are interested in getting your BSN, look into the ACEP program that will allow you to earn your RN/BSN while on active duty. Yes, you can apply for IPAP after getting your BSN. Though I would recommend just going straight to IPAP.

Archived