start 2015 (class of 2017)

I had a friend accepted today as well! Congrats to all the new soon to be Wake PAs! @ Emilycolli- in terms of interview questions, every interview is different. Different applicants get asked different questions. To give specifics would be akin to violating the honor code at Wake. My year they interviewed 160 of us for th 64 spots. I believe they have upped that number because of the other campus but to be honest I am not sure how it is being handled. I would assume the numbers would hold true though- they will interview around 200 people for the 90(ish) spots so once you get an interview you have about a 50/50 chance. Congrats again to the class of 2017!

Do you know for about how many days they make calls about acceptance after an interview process. I know people started getting calls on Monday, but I am not sure for how many more days they will be making calls. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the chance of getting accepted go down with time? For example for those of us who interviewed on 9/24 do we have an equal shot of getting accepted when we are looked at with the next interview group or is that group viewed with higher priority and then if necessary they relook at us? Does anyone have a guess as to how many get accepted after the initial offers for their respective interview groups?

Wilsocam- I can only speak to my interview three years ago but my interviewers had my complete CASPA application with my essay on top. It was clear they had reviewed the essay and my application before the interview. I was asked very, very specific questions that would only apply to my application so that is why I said different applicants get asked different questions. Wake is a program where you really need to be a good fit. Problem based learning is not for everyone so they do everything they can to make sure you are a good fit which includes looking at your application and supplemental essays carefully. They have a great idea of who you are when you walk through the door :) Wipanc- this is an interesting question of which I am not sure of the offical answer. I am sure the program would tell you that they look at everyone equally. However, human nature is that you will remember the people you just met/interviewed so I would assume they will have a slightly higher chance. I think that once they have accepted the applicants who stood out to them from each interview group (which is really what happens every interview group) that everyone else has an equal chance of being looking at again at the end. I know a few students from my class who got accepted from the waitlist 2 weeks before the program started and a few who interviewed with me in Nov but did not get accepted until Feb when all the interviews had been finished. Again as a disclaimer I am in no way involved with the addmissions process I have only my personal experience and second hand knowledge from my classmates.

Hello to all!

I interviewed on September 24th, and was accepted to the Winston Salem Campus on Wednesday October 8th. Elise called at 2pm. Wake Forest is my top choice for PA school! I'll be moving to North Carolina from Green Bay Wisconsin and would love advice on where to live. Also, is there a FB group started for the class of 2017 yet?

Good luck to to everyone still waiting to here back.

Hello everyone! My name is Dara and I'm going to be a member of the WFU Physician Assistant Class of 2017 at the Winston-Salem campus! I am part of the inaugural class of the Emerging Leaders program (see link below if interested), so I am currently at the WFU School of Business, but I am super excited to start at the PA school come June 2015! I have been living in Winston-Salem since June 2014, so I've gotten to know the area pretty well, and it really is a great place to live! I have an apartment in the Crowne Polo development in Winston-Salem, which I absolutely love and recommend! It's a 5-6 minute drive to the main campus, a 10-12 minute drive to the PA school, and a quiet community with mainly graduate students living here (i.e. law, business, medicine, pa, etc.). I just created a Facebook group (see link below), but please only join if you've been accepted! Looking forward to getting to know all of my fellow future classmates! :) 

Emerging Leaders Program:

http://www.wakehealth.edu/School/Physician-Assistant-Program/Emerging-Leaders-Program.htm

Wake Forest Physician Assistant Class of 2017:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/294608860747424/

I was just accepted to the PA program with the condition that I participate in the MA program. Anyone else receive this offer? Those who are already in the Emerging Leaders Program, would you mind providing some insight? I want to go to Wake Forest's PA program more than anything but I am not sold on the MA program because it requires more time and $$$$. I am also worried about removing myself from a medicinal setting for 10 months and not being able to apply what I learn directly to the PA profession. Any feedback would be appreciated. I have a big decision to make that is going to affect the next decade of my life!! Thanks!

I was just accepted to the PA program with the condition that I participate in the MA program. Anyone else receive this offer? Those who are already in the Emerging Leaders Program, would you mind providing some insight? I want to go to Wake Forest's PA program more than anything but I am not sold on the MA program because it requires more time and $$$$. I am also worried about removing myself from a medicinal setting for 10 months and not being able to apply what I learn directly to the PA profession. Any feedback would be appreciated. I have a big decision to make that is going to affect the next decade of my life!! Thanks!

Hey emily I also received this offer. They gave me a choice of starting the PA program in June 2015 at the Boone campus or starting the MA program. I had been interested in the MA program, but have some of the same concerns.

Archived