start 2015 (class of 2017)

Hi guys!

Since I'm working on my application now, I thought I'd start a thread. Where are y'all on your applications, and when are you hoping to get them submitted by? Who are you getting your LORs from? How are your grades/GRE scores/clinical hours? And the question I'm probably most interested in: Why did you pick Wake Forest to apply to?

• Upvote 1

Hey applying as well. Turned in all my apps (May 28) but I have a few supplementals here and there. My LOR are from one PA I shadowed and who mentored me through this whole becoming a PA, another from a doctor who was also my university academic advisor, and the third from a doctor in my clinic that I now work as a medical assistant at.

Grades: 3.6

Science: 3.4

GRE: Q - 153 V - 153 A - 5.5

Clinical hours: about 2,100

I fall on the low end of a lot of average class stats so I applied to a lot of schools.

PS for those that have applied: are you weirded out by the notifications that the download process for the program is facing technical issues? I emailed them about this today and whether it would affect any benefit of applying early.

I also applied to WF. LOR: professor, previous boss and current nursing supervisor

GPA: 3.7

Science: 3.4 ish

GRE- Q=156, V-159, A-5.5

Clinical hours- 1100 direct, ~1500 indirect

I find the notifications to be quite strange, especially considering how other programs have downloaded my application, no problem. I didn't think about how it would affect the benefit of applying early...let us know if you receive a response/what they say!

For those who've gotten it, how long was the gap between submitting your CASPA and getting the supplemental?

Also, out of curiosity, how many schools is everybody applying to total?

The first round of supplementals were sent out July 3rd due to CASPA issues. I'm thinking that most people that were verified before that time received their supplemental on July 3rd, regardless of whether they were verified early May or late June

Just some info.  I was on the Physician Assistant Virtual Fair - Wed. July 16th and Wake said that they downloaded apps at the start to middle of June and are planning to do the next batch within the next two week.

Make sure you post if you have been invited to interview! I will try not to be too nervous until I see that some people have received responses.
Good luck everyone