Securing Rotation Sites

I am starting clinicals this May. Securing rotations has been slightly nightmarish and I'm not sure what to do. It's kind of a long story, but suffice to say they just started getting worked on, and it seems like not many are falling into place. I'm told "Don't worry, it'll work out".

Also, a few of hospital I contacted to do rotations were not too happy the I ( the student) was trying to set it up. Is this typically frowned upon ? Not sure what to do!!! Help!!!

• Administrator

I think there are some wrong words and some missing words there.  Care to double check what you wrote?

Also, what are you hoping to gain from posting this in public?  If you are asking for advice on how to handle the situation, you should make that more explicit.  If you are just ranting in public about a problem, you might want to reconsider.

I get where you are coming from - my class experienced the same thing;  much of our clinical year was a cluster because people who were supposed to be handling our sites were not "on it."  Being told that "it will all work out" gets old.   However, if you are given the green light by your program to coordinate your own rotations, do what you can to take advantage of that! If you have any idea where you want to end up working, if you have any contacts anywhere (and your program doesn't restrict you geographically), if you have the ability to speak to any former students and get contact names from their better rotations, jump on all of that NOW.  At this point it is best to spend energy doing what YOU can to have a great clinical year, rather than ranting about how much it sucks that you are in this situation.  I'm not saying that to be harsh, but offering advice based on experience.  Good luck !

Archived