Reapplication Essay? How much to change? Everything?

Hi! So, here are are, CASPA cycle opens tomorrow (in case you didn't know haha) and I am going to be a reapplicant. I was wait-listed at one school after 2 interviews. I applied to 5 schools. So...my question is...do I write a brand new essay or do I just change my old one a little, should I address not getting the first time around and how I'm dealing with that (how to improve, how to stay motivated, etc.)? I know I can't be the only one with this question but, dang, I can't find a thing on here about it! HELP!!! Advice PLEASE!!!

So your first personal statement was good enough to get you two interviews so it must have been good. But because this year you want to land a spot and not be waitlisted I would suggest making it even better. Did you do anything new in the last few months since you last applied? You could add that. Also, are you applying to the same schools? You want to make sure they don't read the same PS again.

Best wishes! I love editing and reading essays. I have helped a few friends with applications before so let me know if you need help.

I wouldn't address why you didn't get in last year any more than I would talk about why you haven't won a Nobel prize yet.

Your statement is just a chance to let them know more about you than they do from looking at grades, classes, and HCE. Just take a fresh look and see if you want to change anything. You can change all of it or none of it. Don't feel stressed; it's just part of the picture.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived