moonlighting/part-time malpractice

I have recently switched jobs part-time, but will continue to work 1-2 days per week at my previous position in an internal med office.  My malpractice had been covered by my SP, but now that I'm so part-time, he doesn't want to continue that coverage (which I suppose makes sense).  I'm looking into getting my own coverage, does anyone have any suggestions for which companies and types of coverage to look at?  I'm embarrassed to say that I've always just gone with the same coverage that they had, so I've never actually looked into it myself.  I believe that my SP would pay for a policy if the cost was low, but if not, I obviously need to find one for myself.   I will be working there alternating 8/16 hours every other week (thurs, and every other friday).  I saw a moonlighting policy that covers up to 500 hours/year, and if thats the case for most, I could keep my hours to that so that I don't have to pay more for a "part-time" policy.  Any advice? Thanks!

Archived