Class of 2017

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys..I'm getting my application and prospective schools all in order..I threw out ECU after I saw the last admitted class' averages... SO HIGH. I know they are averages..but still.. I am in state and have a strong app other than my GPA and GRE(I've retaken classes). Should I even apply? I don't want to waste my money on a school that will reject me anyway.

In state, sGPA 2.8, cGPA 3.19 GRE 296 :/ I KNOW I need to get my GPA up and I will work on that during there year for next years apps, but I'd like to apply and get in now as this is my second year applying to PA schools.. Also gonna rock the MCAT this summer so I can update my app with that..That has to look good too right?

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I think it depends on what it is that makes your app "strong". From what I've heard, ECU takes its board pass rates very seriously.

With regards to the MCAT, when trying to get into any PA or med school it's really only to your advantage to go outside their admissions criteria if the rest of your application is at or above-average and you're trying to stand out. Admissions committees have to wade through hundreds of applications, and use a standard matrix that includes grades, GREs, and health-care experience to weed through them. Given that your GRE score is 16 points below their most recent class's average, (and 11 points below Elon's, 13 points below Duke's, 7 points below Campbell's, and 10 points below Methodist's) it might help you more to study for and retake the GRE, since that's the number that you know the schools care about.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

I am from the ECU PA Class of 2016 - just started about 3 weeks ago!

If anyone has any questions feel free to shoot me a message and I'll do my best to answer.

Last year I know there were interview invites extended through at least December, so if they have not changed anything there is no reason to panic :) The waiting can be really hard, but there's nothing you can do to speed it up so try not to stress.

Good luck!

Archived