To those students that took the test!

Hey fellows! Best of lucks to all applicants this year. To those that took the test yesterday please give a little insight on what to expect. We all understand how competitive this program is. We are not asking to give up the test just a general impression of it. Thank you all!

Guys stop worrying so much, essay is bullscrap and the test trust me no amount of insight will prepare you for it. You will realize what i mean once you take it. Its almost like one of those test you cant really study for, one thing rings true though ask yourself if what MDC tells you to study is fair compared to what they have on the questions

I am not going to go into my past HX with this program or anything about it fro beg. to end, nor will i share any info which I personally feel you will need to learn to be a good practitioner, if you get in. However, I have been in your shoes and I will offer this advice; Do not think because you received an A in A/P, micro and some med term class, you're prepared, this is MDC. Be prepared for 6 years of med school in 2. This test is merely .1% percent of how it really is in PA school. This school is no joke, it is high speed, high volume and you WILL be pushed to the edge and beyond. BUT, you'll be a great clinician at the end, trust me, I have been there, not just hoping to get in.

So my suggestions for studying is simply this; do not brush along A and P, you have to know it both by site, location, insertion, cranial nerve which innervates same, and if it avascular etc. Then you MUST know the function of the exact part of the anatomy you're looking at and know EVERY single function of it and how it correlates to other organs, skin, dermatome etc. Do not MEMORIZE! know the pathophis of what you're looking at! Example, What is the GFR? where is it? what produces it? whats normal? whats abnormal? How is it comprised? for how long? why? This is what YOU HAVE to know. You cannot memorize a gross book anymore, this is where they see if you memorized or can truly trace hemoglobin from right big toe to left big toe. I know I sound mean, but this is a fact.

Archived