Non-Matriculated Students

Hi. I spoke with two different people from SHU. One was the registrar stating that the maximum number of credits a non-matriculated student can take is 18 (maximum of 9 per semester). However, I had also emailed Graduate Admissions and they emailed me back stating that the maximum number of credits for non-matriculated students is 12. So perhaps someone here can clear this up for me? I recently graduated with a Bachelor's degree and now I want to apply to SHU as a non-matriculated student. I wood like to take some undergraduate science courses (like Organic Chemistry and Anatomy and Physiology) to fulfill some prerequisites for the PA Programs. What is the limit on credits for non-matriculated students? I've emailed them again, but no one has gotten back to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Hi LME -

The two people you spoke to were probably talking about different levels of classes. The usual situation is that you can take up to 18 undergrad credits as a non-matric (which sounds like what you intend to do) or you can take up to 12 graduate level credits as a non-matric.

I would encourage you to also speak directly with the departments about seat availability. The classes you are looking at are common to all of the pre-health students here at SHU and there are often no spaces left after all the pre-health majors are registered. In particular, A&P classes seem to be full every semester.

Archived