Human Physiology vs A&P

Just be careful about the level the course is listed as. West. Mich. Univ refuses to take my two semesters of A&P with lab because they were at a 200-level, not 300 or above. Despite the professor of the course (a physician who teaches the same course elsewhere where it is coded at the 300-level) writing to WMU and explaining this there was no progress made. Of the many schools I have applied to this is the only one that is giving a hard time, but it's worth watching out for.

Well, I know I won't be applying to West Mich. Univ. because my school doesn't even offer an upper level human anatomy course anymore. We only have the option of taking advanced human physiology. Something I will be doing over the summer.

Now, most school websites that I've looked through accept either an A&P I & II sequence or an anatomy/physiology combination. I don't really see a difference, but to be on the safe side contact the school and ask about the class (and course level) requirements after you look through their PA school website.

Archived