Cadaver Lab and Clinical Rotations

I believe the med students use the same lab, however our Anatomy is taken during the summer when the DO students are not on campus, so it is only the PA students using the lab at that time.  You have access to the lab at any time with your ID.

As for rotations, you really don't get to choose your spots, unless you contact preceptors and set them up on your own, but I don't think they're going to allow that for future classes.  There is a core site in Derby, CT that has a lot of rotations, a site in Ft. Pierce, FL, however the preceptors there have been going through some changes, so it may not be much of a core site anymore.  They were also trying to set up a core site in Hammond, LA, but I think there have been some issues in getting that going as well.  OB/GYN & Peds are in Houston, TX, unless you get to one of the other core sites.  Aside from that, a lot of rotations are in Knoxville, Chattanooga, Nashville, and other areas in eastern TN.  You do have the option of going to Australia for your elective rotation, which I plan to do and can't wait for!

Thanks for the feedback. I believe one of the reasons I aced A&P I,II was that we had access to our university lab after hours. A small group of students and I would go and take our time and test each other there. I found this very helpful, especially since all participants put the time and effort in to studying before hand so the interactions were meaningful and productive. 

Australia sounds great, enjoy the surf! Have you decided on a specialty that brings you to land down under?

Archived