Class of 2016

• 2 weeks later...

So I don't want to create any anxiety in those who haven't heard back yet, but I too heard I was accepted back in December.  I committed to the Meridian campus, so I am pretty excited! When I last talked to Ann Smalley about 2 weeks ago, she had told me there were 8 acceptances and 8 outstanding offers (though that may have slightly changed), so that leaves plenty of space moving forward.  Perhaps someone will create a Class of 2016 Facebook group or something so people can communicate a little better before moving to Idaho...

PS Congrats Idahogirl!

13 accepted seats; 3 outstanding offers. Early seats only available to those whose file score is 10.1 after interview (have to have at least a file score of 5.1 going into interview and then score perfectly on interview to attain this or start with upward of 5.1). My understanding is that the majority of the class won't be offered seats until February or in the event that the arbitrary 10.1 file score is dropped prior to February's standard enrollment. 

Guest RainbowUnikittyPAC

According to my email from Ann at 5:22 this evening:

-6 offers outstanding

-13 accepted

-currently 68 on the "in review" list

-they will interview 50-60 more applicants

Good luck to those still waiting, there are still plans to interview quite a few people!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest RainbowUnikittyPAC

Hey new classmates, I'll be headed down to Boise in about ten days to look at houses. If anyone has specific questions about the Meridian or Caldwell campuses, in terms of housing or whatever like Padreams mentioned, message me before then and I can try to check it out. Unless we have someone who is already a Boise area resident that can give some advice?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I'm not from Boise and I'm headed to Pocatello, but my sister lives there so I've become somewhat familiar with the Boise area. PADreams2012 you'll probably want to stick with Caldwell, especially with a daughter, to shorten your commute times. Having kids myself, it's always been easiest to be as close to their schools as possible so they can walk to school, plus you'll usually find a lot of family friendly and helpful neighbors in school neighborhoods, which means more playmates for your daughter to help her acclimate. I had seriously considered Meridian campus and liked southeast Boise, but that is where my sister is at, and I like the schools and river trail access there, but it's a bit of a commute, especially for Caldwell. Good luck! Should be a fun year ahead making the move!

I currently live in Boise, and I agree with Mtnmedicine; I love the SE Boise area, but in good weather its about a 45 min-1 hr commute to Caldwell. If you don't want to live in Caldwell, you could also look in Nampa, which is the next closest town and probably about 15 min away on the freeway. I'm not super familiar with those areas, but am happy to answer any questions I can.

PADreams,

I'm staying in Boise and am planning to commute. This may prove to be a challenge in the winter, but I'll deal with that when the snow flies! I've gotten recommendations from other students that it's best to live as close to campus as possible, so that may be something to consider. If you decide to live further away, I would try to live somewhere with easy access to I-84, since that will probably be the quickest route to get to College of Idaho.

Idahogirl,

Where were you offered a seat? I would love to get together to meet sometime before school starts, if you're interested!

Erin

I went to undergrad at the College of Idaho PAdreams 2012 and I would consider living in a close by subdivision of Ustick Road and Indiana. Those are pretty nice houses and about 10 mins away from the school. Also, check with student housing they have 2 bedroom and 4 bedroom apartments in the Village and they are really nice.

Archived