Thought  I would share this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO6XEQIsCoM) here since I've seen lately an affluent number of students unable to make the choice between PA and MD and expect someone else to tell them what to do. Though we are here to help, to guide, and to clarify ultimately the choice is yours. I'm a PA student and I could not have been much happier with my choice. Having a lot of choices is indeed paralyzing but if you know what you prioritize in life the choice will be easier. 

What do you guys think?

Interesting video. With regard to career choices though, I think those who are unsure need to think about themselves in a particular career. Honestly, I think most people who can get into PA school could also get into med school. In fact, I think one could argue that it is tougher to get into PA school. If you take the time to really understand what each career entails and what you want out of life, the choice should be obvious. These are very different careers. We aren't talking about ice cream flavors. Those who aspire to be a PA should not let societal prejudice worry them that an MD is a higher calling or that MDs are better than PAs. It is simply a different path to treating patients.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk 2

Archived