5MCC and other apps

What are the thoughts on 5MCC? I have heard some good things, but I have also heard good things about other apps and references. Basically, my set up for rotations will be:

Epocrates (not the deluxe or whatever), micromedex, medscape, tarascon pharm, sanford antimicrobials and then current and uptodate as text/online reference and pocket medicine

Obviously, there is some redundancy here, but for the most part the apps didnt cost much and worth it to test them out to see which i am comfortable with.

What really gets me with 5MCC is the algorithms, and i guess the ease of use and onestopshop idea.. but is it worth $70? (2014 ed.) 

Am I overdoing it, or will 5MCC really be helpful?

I recently got it free by being an AAPA student member, so you may want to look into that.  You should also check with your school's library to see if they offer access to some of these for free.  Mine has subscriptions to tons of these types of apps/databases.

Did you get 5MCC for joining AAPA?  I recently joined as a student but I'm not sure I got this perq. I have to check on that.

Archived