January Interviews

Greetings to all who have applied to MEDEX, but have yet to receive an interview,

I emailed admissions asking if they plan on another round of interviews next month. Here is the email I reveived today:

"Thank you for checking in on the status of your application to the MEDEX Seattle site. As you know your application has met the all MEDEX criteria and is working its way through our full faculty review process. We are nearing the end of that application review process but have not yet made final decision about who will be selected to interview with us in January. These decisions are expected within the next two weeks and all applicants will received final updated application status either by email or regular mail shortly after those final decisions have been made."

I am trying hard not to get my hopes up. And I know there is the probability that I will receive a snail mail letter stating I will not be invited to interview, received one of those last cycle.

So keep your heads up, it is not over yet.

Thanks for this update, Noekae!  

As you said, we should all keep our chins up.  Not only is there still a chance for us to earn an interview this year, but there is also a likelihood for us to gain admission in the future if we're truly passionate about becoming physician assistants.  For those of us who will continue working, volunteering, and learning in order to improve ourselves as healthcare workers, it's just a matter of time.  Stand tall, folks!

Hello NoeKae, It does look like the front office is on "auto-pilot". HOWEVER..the "good news"-Over the last two years I have applied to MEDEX, the interview last year had 36 candidates. The best we could figure,(between ALL the forums, facebook and phone-trees that were in place) they only selected 11-12 for the "24-26" seat class. The thread that I read that said, "...not until you get THE letter-starting with "Unfortunately...", in the mail is very TRUE!. That being said, going into a January interview (or "Selection Conference") you wont have any idea if there are 25 spots left of 1, then you look over your shoulder to see the other  ??35 candidates sitting beside you. After more than 1 interview, there is a common theme,-DO NOT PUT ALL YOUR MARBLES IN ONE BASKET!. I do understand that not everyone has a BACHELOR degree. But KEEP CHIPPING AWAY. Remember, IF IT WERE EASY THEN EVERYONE WOULD DO IT. right? My glass says, I'm glad there's only 900+ and not 9000 apps. :)

This too will pass.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, no. But I'm currently in Maui with my lady and her family, so I have no complaints. :-)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but know realistically the chances are low. The new year is going to be filled with more organic chemistry, work, volunteering, and shadowing (and hopefully some other fun things sprinkled in too). I'll get there!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!! Are there any new people who are interviewing on 1/11/2014 in Spokane? A few of us are meeting up for dinner the night before to calm our nerves. :-) If you are interested send me a message or reply to the Spokane meet&greet thread for

1/11/2014. Have an amazing start to 2014!

@mkearney I so wish I could be you right now in Maui! What an amazing trip! Enjoy!

Archived