Is it hard to find a PA job in a hospital in my area?

I know I want to work in a hospital, especially in the ED. I live in the Bay Area, CA and I have searched the busy hospitals in my area and came up very short on job opportunities as a PA for hospitals.

Do hospitals hire physician assistants? If so, is hard to come across an availability for those positions?

Thank you so much for your help.

I know I want to work in a hospital, especially in the ED. I live in the Bay Area, CA and I have searched the busy hospitals in my area and came up very short on job opportunities as a PA for hospitals.

Do hospitals hire physician assistants? If so, is hard to come across an availability for those positions?

Thank you so much for your help.

Most PAs work for physician groups. A cursory examination of the AAPA job link for California reveals three jobs all with EM physician groups. There are probably more on the CAPA site but you have to be a member. The jobs are usually not listed but found through either networking or word of mouth. First of course you have to be a PA.

David Carpenter, PA-C

Most PAs work for physician groups. A cursory examination of the AAPA job link for California reveals three jobs all with EM physician groups. There are probably more on the CAPA site but you have to be a member. The jobs are usually not listed but found through either networking or word of mouth. First of course you have to be a PA.

David Carpenter, PA-C

thanks for the help! I appreciate it

It's difficult if you're set on staying in a particular area, esp. if that area is kinda rural.

I've been stuck working only part time since I graduated. I am now considereing applying for a residency so I can at least get a job in my specific areas of interest. And If I have to move, so be it.

If I had known how difficult it was gonna be for me, I would not have gone to PA school, but concentrated on my stand-up comedy career! LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
check out the society of emergency medicine pa's website www.sempa.org as they have an em pa job board...also check out california emergency physicians, team health, and emcare. they all use pa's in er's in california.

Thanks so much EMEDPA...I just found this info now but great help for me. I'll be moving to the sacramento area in december and desperately want to do ER...graduating in december so hopefully I can convince someone to hire a new grad or I'll have to settle for urgent care!:p

• 2 years later...

Archived