LPN TO PA.HELP NEEDED!!!

I need some piece of advise people cos I feel lost.so I have a bachelors degree in sociology with a gpa of 2.8,and currently working as an lpn.i did my lpn program in a private school which required no pre-reqs so I currently have none.i worked at a cna for about a year so I guess I should have about 1800 hour and currently working as an lpn for almost 10 months.i am interested in pursuing the pa program as a first option and bsn as a second.PLEASE HELP!!!!

You would need more HCE to be competitive at the schools that like lots of HCE & are willing to look at lower GPA as part of the bigger picture.  Although, you'll never know until you start applying.  Find the schools where you meet the minimum qualifications & apply.  In the meantime, finishing up to get your RN is a really good idea.  Even without the BSN, the RN will go a long way.  It gives you an opportunity to boost your GPA, it gives you higher quality HCE, & it will provide you with more money & more options down the road.

I need some piece of advise people cos I feel lost.so I have a bachelors degree in sociology with a gpa of 2.8,and currently working as an lpn.i did my lpn program in a private school which required no pre-reqs so I currently have none.i worked at a cna for about a year so I guess I should have about 1800 hour and currently working as an lpn for almost 10 months.i am interested in pursuing the pa program as a first option and bsn as a second.PLEASE HELP!!!!

First piece of advice:  Start presenting yourself professionally.

Second piece of advice: Show your ability to understand how simple systems work by moving your question to the "Pre-PA discussion" section, instead of the "Professional PA" section.

Third:  Start back at school, get your BS, get your pre-requisites done, and get straight A's.

Be prepared for a LOT of work. Similar to your situation, I had a 2.65 undergrad GPA in Anthropology, went back to school for two years full time, made a 3.85 GPA taking nothing but biology and chemistry, and despite 20 years as a military medic I was only able to convince one out of 5 schools to take a chance on me when I applied in 2005. So bottom line it's possible, but it's going to take nearly straight A's and a bit of luck to get in.....

Archived