Interview - but pre-req requirement changed? How to handle?

I have an interview this week at my first choice program. I took my general chemistry sequence online through UNE. Before I ever registered for the first course, I called this specific program to verify that they accept online classes to fulfill science pre-requisite courses.  I was assured they did.

Now as I'm doing program research, I noticed they recently put a caveat on their website stating they do not accept online science courses. I'm at a loss on how to handle the situation, and would appreciate some advice. Should I contact someone prior to my interview to ask? Or wait?

This is a perfect example of why people should email about things that really matter. Paper trails are priceless and you never know who may have just happened upon answering the phone that day.

As for the OPs question, you should EMAIL them and ask before your interview. Just something simple would suffice..." I noticed this requirement had changed but I was assured my class would count when I called last spring...blah blah" Worst case scenario, you cram in a spring course before you start PA school. And, just remember-- you wouldn't have an interview if you didn't meet requirements, so it will all work out :)

This is a perfect example of why people should email about things that really matter. Paper trails are priceless and you never know who may have just happened upon answering the phone that day.

As for the OPs question, you should EMAIL them and ask before your interview. Just something simple would suffice..." I noticed this requirement had changed but I was assured my class would count when I called last spring...blah blah" Worst case scenario, you cram in a spring course before you start PA school. And, just remember-- you wouldn't have an interview if you didn't meet requirements, so it will all work out :)

Trust me, I am ALL about e-mailing. However, they are known for being slow to respond. Actually, I e-mailed the school about the original issue a few years ago and did not receive a response and that is how the phone call started.

Anyways, since I needed an immediate response, I called. Glad I did, because apparently the information on the website is wrong and they have always accepted online science courses. In fact, she asked me to personally send her the link to get the issue taken care of. I should meet her at the interview, so at least my name will stick out. :)

Archived